YPO and Associação Salvador conquer Pico!
CLIMB TO THE TOP OF ILHA DO PICO
Between October 11th and 14th 2023, YPO and Associação Salvador will be climbing to reach the top of the mountain Ilha do Pico, in the Azores. A mission of solidarity, adventure, an example of overcoming barriers.
Invited by Associação Salvador, YPO will be joining this Solidarity Challenge to overcome and complete one of greatest challenges in Portugal: climb about 2351 meters of altitude to reach the top of the mountain!
As a team, in a unique initiative that will combine teambuilding and a social purpose, we will climb to the top of Ilha do Pico and Maria Lurdes de António, who has been supported by Associação Salvador, will join us in this journey.
Before her accident, Lurdes was an athlete and participated in marathons, trails, canoeing and triathlons. For Lurdes, the sky is the limit, and the summit of Ilha do Pico is something achievable, regardless of any barriers.
By overcoming this challenge we hope to spread a message that it is possible to overcome many physical barriers, regardless of physical disabilities or reduced mobility.
Uma aventura que vai contribuir para mudar a vida a centenas de pessoas com deficiência motora.
All donations raised during the Solidarity Challenge will be given to Associação Salvador, with the objective of supporting the inclusion of people with physical disabilities.
I can’t participate in this challenge. Can I still support Associação Salvador?
If you can’t join us in this challenge and climb to the top of the mountain of Ilha do Pico, you may still join in supporting with a donation. Simply choose the amount for your donation and help us raise funds for the inclusion of people with physical disabilities.
By making a donation through this page, you will supporting the group of participants who will take part in this initiative. All donations will be channeled to the work of inclusion of people with physical disabilities, developed by Associação Salvador in the areas of integration, awareness and knowledge.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am a participant. Where can I findmore information about the programme and organization?
All details regarding preparation for the challenge, stay, flights, activities and all contact details will be sent via e-mail to each participant. If you have any further questions, you may contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Where does my donation go?
All donations will be given to Associação Salvador, to support financially people with motor disabilities and proven economic need, providing greater accessibility, comfort, and autonomy in their homes.
What does Associação Salvador do?
Associação Salvador works in the field on physical disability and was founded by Salvador Mendes de Almeida in 2003, with the objective of promoting the inclusion of people with physical disabilities, improving their quality of life, enhancing their talents and raising awareness of equal opportunities.
Which projects are developed by Associação Salvador?
Associação Salvador promotes the inclusion of people with physical disabilities and the improvement of their quality of life, through 10 distinct projects in the areas of knowledge, integration, and awareness:
– It develops a Manual for people with physical disabilities and Thematic events and Conferences, through which it aggregates and disseminates important information for the daily lives of people with physical disabilities and for the improvement of their quality of life;
– Provides support to people with physical disabilities and financial needs, through the Quality of Life Grant,supporting financially with home improvements, training and employment, and sports equipment;
– Promotes Employment, training candidates and bringing awareness to employers, supporting placement in the job market and post-placement;
– In the Adapted Sportsarea, it offers 9 adapted sports modalities;
– Promotes Social Events, which creates unique sharing of experiences and increases of self-esteem;
– Psychosocial Support, by promoting therapeutic groups and and responding to emergency support requests, which can be directed internally or externally;
– RaisesAwareness in Schools and in the area of Accessibility, contributing to create a society and a new generation that is more attentive and proactive in creating equal opportunities. In addition, works with the Government and Local Authorities, raising awareness and lobbying for compliance with the law and inspection.
– As road accidents are the main cause of acquired physical disability, it develops Road Safety Initiatives, especially among the younger public.
How do I know how much money has been raised in this Solidarity Challenge?
The total amount fundraisend will be updated weekly on the donations page (https://apoiar.associacaosalvador.com/desafio-pico-doar/). All participants may also contact Associação Salvador to ask any questions regarding participation and donations raised.