YPO and Associação Salvador have joined forces in the mission for
inclusion of people with motor disability.
And we are counting with you!
A small gesture from you will help us change
the life of hundreds of people with
What is Walkathon Portugal 2023?
Walkathon Portugal is a joint initiative of YPO and Associação Salvador. On two different dates and locations, a solidary walk of approximately 5km is promoted, as part of a solidarity mission.
The aim of Walkathon Portugal 2023 is to raise awareness for the inclusion of people with motor disability and that is why we are counting on you to help us raise funds. This year teams can sign up for the walk in Porto, on the 17th of June, or in Lisbon, on the 18th of June.
Together we can change lives! And we are counting on you to help us finance even more works at home for people with motor disabilities and proven economic need.
How will my donation help?
Your donation will support Associação Salvador in its work to create better living conditions for people with reduced mobility or motor disability. We work with great dedication to create a more inclusive and accessible country for all, without exception. We support hundreds of people every year, and since 2003 we already changed the life of 4354 people.
“With the support provided by Associação Salvador, I have regained my joy and will to live. I will be completely autonomous and independent as I was before my accident. I will be able to live a so-called normal life like any other young person of my age and that makes me very happy. Thank you for your trust. I will continue to fight to be an example to follow and exceed expectations. Thank you very much Associação Salvador!”
QUALITY OF LIFE GRANTS
What kind of benefits do I get if I make a donation to Associação Salvador?
You will be supporting hundreds of people with physical disabilities in Portugal, and contributing to improve the quality of life of thousands of people.
If you wish, you will receive regular information about events and activities promoted by Associação Salvador and about the impact of our work.
We guarantee a relationship based on trust, a transparent communication and the annual disclosure of the activities and accounts report.
Tax benefits – deduction to the IRS collection, equivalent to 25% of your donations.
What projects does Associação Salvador develop?
Through 10 different projects in the areas of knowledge, integration and awareness, we promote the inclusion of people with physical disabilities, improving their quality of life and enhancing their talents and raising awareness of equal opportunities.
We finance and support directly people with proven economic need, creating greater accessibility, comfort and autonomy in their homes. We provide adapted sports equipment and grants for training and employment.
We integrate professionals with physical disabilities, giving them greater autonomy and independence. We develop and hold sports activities and meetings that contribute to a significant increase in the quality of life.
We reach out to students and teachers, and with our campaigns for Road Safety, we raise awareness with hundreds of drivers every year.
We also lobby and exert political pressure for compliance with the law and the improvement of accessibility in Portugal.
We dream of a world in which everyone can have an active participation in society through an active, healthy lifestyle, and ensure that any person with physical disabilities can fully enjoy their life and rights.
Frequently Asked Questions
I am a participant. How should I equip myself on the day of the walk?
On the day of the walk you should wear comfortable clothes and shoes suitable for the weather forecast. When you arrive at the participants’ meeting point, the event organisers will give you an event t-shirt that you may wear over your clothes.
Where does my donation go?
All donations will be given to Associação Salvador, to support financially people with motor disabilities and proven economic need, providing greater accessibility, comfort, and autonomy in their homes.
What does Associação Salvador do?
Associação Salvador works in the area of motor disability and was founded by Salvador Mendes de Almeida in 2003. Its objective is to promote the inclusion of people with motor disabilities and the improvement of their quality of life, enhancing their talents and raising awareness of equal opportunities.
Which projects are developed by Associação Salvador?
Associação Salvador promotes the inclusion of people with physical disabilities and the improvement of their quality of life, through 10 distinct projects in the areas of knowledge, integration, and awareness:
– It develops a Manual for people with physical disabilities and Thematic events and Conferences, through which it aggregates and disseminates important information for the daily lives of people with physical disabilities and for the improvement of their quality of life;
– Provides support to people with physical disabilities and financial needs, through the Quality of Life Grant,supporting financially with home improvements, training and employment, and sports equipment;
– Promotes Employment, training candidates and bringing awareness to employers, supporting placement in the job market and post-placement;
– In the Adapted Sportsarea, it offers 9 adapted sports modalities;
– Promotes Social Events, which creates unique sharing of experiences and increases of self-esteem;
– Psychosocial Support, by promoting therapeutic groups and and responding to emergency support requests, which can be directed internally or externally;
– RaisesAwareness in Schools and in the area of Accessibility, contributing to create a society and a new generation that is more attentive and proactive in creating equal opportunities. In addition, works with the Government and Local Authorities, raising awareness and lobbying for compliance with the law and inspection.
– Since road accidents are the main cause of acquired motor disability, it develops Road Safety initiatives, especially with the younger public.
How do I know how much money my team has already raised?
After registration of the participating team, emails will be sent regularly with the total amount raised. This communication will be made to the e-mail contact indicated at the time of registration. Participants may also contact the Associação Salvador to ask any questions related to participation and donations raised.
Who can I enroll in my team?
Each participant defines his/her team. You can gather your family, a group of friends or colleagues.